Complete Java Masterclass - Become an Android App Developer!
Learn to master Java app development step-by-step and make your first Android apps! Improve your career options today.Watch Promo
Do you want to build creative, fully-functional Android apps with confidence and fun? This course is for you!
Funded by a #1 Kickstarter Project by Mammoth Interactive
Our very talented instructor Kaisa Crawford Taylor, explains everything from a basic, beginner level. That means, you don't have to have any prior coding experience to succeed here.
- Build your own mobile apps for Android!
- Set up and start new projects from scratch.
- Build minimalist user interfaces with efficiency.
- Code in Java, with a deep understanding of all core concepts and fundamentals.
- Handle errors and solve problems.
- Tackle challenges that appear day to day as an app developer.
- And MORE!
Java Masterclass - Become an Android Developer!
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- Learn offline via the Teachable app
- 10 Articles
- 10 Downloadable Resources
- Full lifetime access
Code in an Object Oriented Programming Language
Data scientist and online mentor Kaisa Crawford Taylor will take you through the process of learning to code from scratch in a massively popular programming language Java.
You will learn everything it takes to be a Java developer, including:
- Basic mobile app development
- The Android Studio interface
- Setting up and starting new projects with a simple user interface
- Java programming fundamentals
- Variables and data types
- Methods, conditional statements, looping and error handling
- Challenges that come with app development
- Each topic accompanied by its own simple Android app
- And a lot more!
Learn Online at ANY Pace!
The beauty of taking an online course like this is the ability to replay any of the lectures at any time. There is no time limit or final tests. You get to learn at your own pace with a practical model method of learning.
One of the best features is that you can watch the courses at any speed you want. This means you can speed up the or slow down the video if you want to.
- No previous programming knowledge needed!
- Please download and install Android Studio (FREE.)
- Java compiler (Oracle), which comes with most computers.
- Willingness to learn and experiment on your own!
- Preferably an Android phone, but NOT required.
This course is project-based so you will not be learning a bunch of useless coding practices. At the end of this course you will have real world apps to use in your portfolio. We feel that project based training content is the best way to get from A to B. Taking this course means that you learn practical, employable skills immediately.
You can use the projects you build in this course to add to your LinkedIn profile. Give your portfolio fuel to take your career to the next level.
Learning how to code is a great way to jump in a new career or enhance your current career. Coding is the new math and learning how to code will propel you forward for any situation. Learn it today and get a head start for tomorrow. People who can master technology will rule the future.
- ANYONE with an interest in programming.
- Anyone who wants to learn to code in Java.
- Anyone who wants to build apps from SCRATCH!
Enroll Now while on Sale!
Hello! My name is Kaisa and I am a techie artist who has big ambitions. I currently attend the University of Wisconsin - LaCrosse to earn my Bachelors for Mathematics and Computational Physics. I also have a computer science minor which I wish I had time to turn into a major! I am studying to become a theoretical astrophysicist. I have been dreaming of becoming one since I was 9 years old. During summer, I am a full-time undergraduate researcher.
Currently I am working on simulating satellites which may be used to develop models to detect extraterrestrial civilizations. I am also a freelancer for anything I think I can help a client with. In my free time I paint, study German, and create 3D animations. I know Java, Python, R, idl, MatLab, and a tiny bit of Fortran. I love to teach and am part of a computer science outreach program that teaches the La Crosse community all things CS.
Start01. Functions (26:24)
Start02. If Intro (24:26)
Start03. If Statement Finale (22:25)
Start04. While Loops (20:35)
StartAdditional Resources - While Loops
Start05 For Loops (19:20)
StartAdditional Resources - App Source Files
Start06. Challenge (7:51)
StartAdditional Resources - Challenge
StartAdditional Resources - MovieApp
StartAdditional Resources - Function2