In The Ultimate iOS 11 Course, you will learn how to use various Apple software in the Xcode 9 platform while learning to code in the programming language Swift 4.0. You will build functioning iPhone and Apple Watch apps and games from concept to completion. You will also learn how to use augmented reality and image manipulation tools. You will learn how to add Maps functionality to your apps.
We use practical examples to teach you theory. Source code and coding exercises included.
1. You will learn the basics of the Swift 4.0 programming language. You will learn how to use variables, constants, collection types, control flow, functions, classes, structures, enumerations, and more. You will learn the foundations of coding in this user-friendly and popular coding language.
2. You learn to navigate the Xcode interface. Xcode is Apple's platform for building apps for Apple products. It has many features and built-in tools. We will teach you the ins and outs of using this free program.
3. You will build a simple calculator app from scratch. The app will be able to take in numbers and add, subtract, multiply, or divide them. There will be a clear button as an option for you to erase your input. You will go from planning the concept and layout to putting the finishing touches on the design and handling errors.
4. You will build an RGB to Hex code color converter app. A web color can be represented as Red, Green, and Blue (RGB) values or as a hex code. This app will be able to take in a color's RGB values and convert them to a hex code or vice versa. The app will also include a field for you to input the Alpha (transparency) of the color. Every time you input a color to convert, the app's background will change to that color.
5. You will create a hangman game. The app will allow you to press a button to generate a random word. You will be able to input a letter to guess the word. The app will be able to process correct and incorrect guesses and react accordingly.
6. You will build an average calculator app. You will be able to enter numbers, and the app will calculate the average.
7. You will build a savings calculator app. You will be able to enter a yearly amount of money and choose a percent to save. The calculator will tell you how much you will save every week, month, and year.
8. You will learn basic User Interface (UI) design. You will learn tips and tricks of designing an app's layout in Xcode.
9. You will learn how to design apps in Photoshop and Illustrator. As well, you will learn how to make web ads for your projects.
10. You will learn how to use SpriteKit to build iPhone games. You will learn how to add beautiful, high-definition shapes to games. You will build a space shooter game as you learn the powerful game development tools of SpriteKit.
11. You will get an introduction to ARKit, Apple's platform for implementing augmented reality tools. You will learn how to set up an AR scene and add nodes and primitives.
12. You will learn how to use WatchKit to make Apple Watch apps. You will be able to make various Watch apps, including clocks and timers. You will be able to make apps with different interfaces such as buttons, switches, sliders, pickers, and images. You will even learn how to add animations and emojis to your apps.
13. You will learn the MapKit framework in the context of iOS. You will learn how to embed maps directly into your app. You will be able to add creative behavior to the maps like annotations.
14. You will learn how to use CoreImage Filters to modify the appearance of images and videos in your apps. CoreImage allows you to do realtime processing and easy graphics processing. You can do automatic image enhancement, create custom filters, and more. You will learn how to apply color filters, graphical filters, distortions, and cropping to images in your apps. We will also generate QR codes and barcodes.
What are the requirements?
• You must have a Mac computer and Xcode 9.
• PC development is not recommended or supported.
• Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Blender for art asset creation.
We at Mammoth Interactive value input from students like you. Please feel free to leave your feedback or questions in our forum. We are always happy to help.
You get full lifetime access to this course for a single one-off fee.
Video: 51.5 hours. Level: Beginner